Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions for Online Quoting
Online quoting is for estimations only and can not be used for exact pricing. Once your quote is submitted you will be contacted to confirm your order and to finalise payment.
Terms & Conditions for Hire
Within these conditions of hire the following applies:
“Owner” refers to Tropical Marquee and Party Hire. “Hirer” refers to the person/company/corporation/business or their employees using the equipment. “Equipment”: refers to any equipment or accessory supplied to the Hirer by the Owner.
- Delivery & Collection: The hirer is responsible for the transportation of the equipment to and from the event if it is collected from the owner’s premises.
Delivery by the owner incurs a fee (min $65) and is to ground floor, mutually agreed location. The owner is not responsible for setup or installation of equipment unless by prior arrangement for which an additional fee will be incurred by the hirer. [Collection after-hours will incur an additional fee]
If any equipment is not available at the time of pick up by the owner, a further delivery fee may be charged.
- Usage of Equipment: The hirer or his agent/employee shall use the equipment in a proper manner and in accordance with any instructions provided by the Owner. All equipment must be returned in the same boxes/crates or stillages as they were supplied in.
- All equipment must be returned in a clean and dry condition: A fee (min $35 ) may be charged for equipment returned dirty . Glasses must be (at least) rinsed prior to being repacked into boxes provided. Linen to be returned dry and free of refuse.
- Security Deposit; Credit card details or a Cash deposit (min $50) will be payable on or prior to pick –up/delivery as a security on the hire of all equipment. This deposit is fully refundable at the conclusion of the hire period provided that all equipment is returned in good condition and according to the hire agreement.
- Shortages: On receiving the equipment from the owner, it is the hirer’s responsibility to check the quantities and condition of all equipment against the invoice. Any discrepancies must be noted and the owner notified immediately. All shortages at the end of the hire period will be charged as losses/breakages. This includes all items of packaging; eg. Boxes, crates, linen bags.
- Damage to Equipment: All breakages, damage or loss of equipment or part thereof will be charged to the hirer at the current repair/replacement cost. (Unless attributed to reasonable wear and tear). Any such costs will be deducted from the security deposit (see above..4) Paid, or from the credit card as supplied, by the hirer. Should the cost of repair/replacement be greater than the cash deposit, an invoice will be issued for the balance… payable within 7 days. Failure to pay this invoice may result in further action to recover costs. This includes any damage to vehicles incurred as a result of a motor vehicle accident. The driver of the hired vehicle is responsible for any costs applicable.
- Damage to a property or person: The owner will not be held responsible for any injury/damage or loss to any property caused by the equipment regardless of the nature of the injury/damage. The hirer shall indemnify the owner against any claim of damage or injury to property or person and any expenses incurred.
- Theft or Loss: Upon receipt of the equipment by the hirer, all security and insurance of the equipment is the responsibility of the hirer.
- Equipment failure: A full refund will be given in the event of any equipment failure where it is attributed to normal wear and tear and is not as a result of misuse or negligence on the part of the hirer.
The Owner will not be responsible for any loss incurred by the hirer caused by the failure, under any circumstances.
- Equipment Suitability: The hirer is to determine whether the equipment is suitable for their particular need/s. The owner does not warrant any advice or information in relation to the equipment supplied.
- Infringement notices: In the case of mobile cold rooms …The hirer is responsible for any traffic infringement notices that may be received for the hire period.